It’s a REALLY good time to be proactive about supporting your immune system 😷 There are simple shifts we can all make that will have a positive impact on our health.
It’s not magic, it’s just logic.
Here’s 7 things I’m doing to keep my immune system strong…
• CLEAN HANDS – So simple, yet so effective! I wash my hands as often as McDreamy prepping for surgery. I use an essential oil based hand soap and hand sanitizing spray specifically for boosting the immune system and fighting off the gunk. It does the job without harmful chemicals.
• REDUCE STRESS – “When we’re stressed, the immune system’s ability to fight off antigens is reduced. That is why we are more susceptible to infections.” – Stress, Illness and the Immune System by Saul McLeod.
I reduce stress by taking deep breaths, soaking in Epsom salt baths, getting outside for fresh air and a walk, stretching and doing some basic yoga, and using calming and relaxing aromatherapy oils topically and in a diffuser.
• STAY HYDRATED – I up my water intake and drink filtered water in a glass or stainless container with a drop of citrus oil to aid in detoxification. I’m up to 96oz of water a day! All our major organs and lymphatic system benefit from staying hydrated.
“Keep your immunity up by drinking plenty of water to stave off infection. Staying hydrated helps your body naturally eliminate toxins and other bacteria that may cause illness.” – Fisher-Titus Medical Center.
• USE ESSENTIAL OILS – Many essential oils are powerful for our immune system, as I’ve learned through my journey with Chronic Lyme Disease. We are fortunate to have access to these natural tools that are full of anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidant properties!
“Essential oils are aromatic substances present in the specialized cells or glands of certain plants, used by them to protect themselves from predators and pests… In other words, essential oils are the immune system of the plant.” – Journal of Biotechnology and Biomedical Science.
Clove, Melissa and Oregano are powerful essential oils, while Tea Tree, Frankincense and Rose are wonderful for daily preventive care. If you want essential oil support please contact me. Remember, quality and purity are crucial when it comes to essential oils… not all brands are created equal!
• TAKE ELDERBERRY SYRUP – It’s a great anti-viral and tastes good too!
“People have used elderberry for its health benefits for hundreds of years. Elderberry contains antioxidants, and many believe it can relieve colds, fight the flu, and boost the immune system.” – Medical News Today.
• GET NUTRIENTS – I eat dark leafy greens, eat as clean as possible, and limit my sugar intake. Plus I take high quality supplements that contain essential oils, vitamins and nutrients that help strengthen the immune system.
“Adequate micronutrients in the body help the immune system to function at best. When there is a deficiency of micronutrients in the body, immunity is being suppressed and thus leaving the body susceptible to infections.” – MD Logic.
During the cold/flu season I up my Vitamin C as well. Because I live in a cold climate, my Vitamin D can be low. I usually end up needing extra Vitamin D during the winter months and will add that to my daily supplement routine.
• SLEEP & EXTRA REST – “Infection-fighting antibodies and cells are reduced during periods when you don’t get enough sleep. So, your body needs sleep to fight infectious diseases.” – Mayo Clinic.
I set myself up for a good night’s rest by turning off the electronics, turning on the diffuser and sound machine, and the earlier – the better! We’re all more susceptible to illness if we aren’t getting enough sleep.
Plus I listen to my body. If I’m not feeling well, I don’t push it. I stay home and let my body rest. I’m all about self-care! It is not selfish to say no to things and take care of yourself. Then you can show up better for your life and the people who need you.
• WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE – If having Chronic Lyme has taught me anything, it’s that HEALTH IS WEALTH! Without our health we have nothing. So be proactive. Take care of your health and immune system today so it will take care of you in the future!
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
One thought on “It’s Not Magic, It’s Just Logic”